CS2 Limited Test Update June 2023: New Map, Game Mode & Audio Changes
Right before the end of June 2023, Valve released another Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test update, which brought a new map and new game mode to the lucky players who got their access. Read further to find out more details on the latest CS2 patch.
First of all, the Casual mode was added with the 29.06 update, as well as Deathmatch. Previously, only non-ranked Competitive mode was available to play.
Mirage is now removed from the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test. Developers replaced this map with a renowned Nuke in all game modes. Also, you can now try out the new Office in Deathmatch and Casual game modes.
However, there are no “fancy” animations of rescuing the hostages on Office yet.
A big chunk of the latest CS2 update is dedicated to tuning and tweaking the game’s audio system and fixing its bugs reported by players. Here are all the audio changes:
In article you will find:
* Added distance effects to all positional sound sources.
* Improvements to 3d sound processing.
* General mix tweaks and improvements.
* Fixed bug where sometimes sounds would not respect the occlusion values of surrounding geometry resulting in sources appearing closer than what they were.
* Fixed missing low frequencies at certain distances away from sound sources such as grenades and weapon fire.
* Fixed a bug where some sounds would be slightly louder or quieter depending on the listeners orientation.
* Added music cues to Match Accept and Loading screens. * Added unique audio occlusion layer to help with vertical sound positioning in Nuke .
Apart From That
Grenades can now be inspected during the match. Are we about to get grenade skins alongside finishes for Zeus x27? Who knows what’s coming?
Here’s how the Molotov’s inspection animation looks like:
The bunnyhop is now supposed to feel as it does on 128-tick servers due to the movement changes that were brought together with the latest CS2 update. Have you tried it out already?
Other changes include various fixes and game improvements. Read the patch note to see all changes from the 29.06 CS2 Update.
Data miners posted screenshots of the new Inferno.
Here’s the reaction of the official CS2 account:
Aquarius posted a demonstration of how volumetric smoke works in Vent on the new Nuke.
That’s it, all the latest CS2 update details are covered. Explore Hellcase Blog for more content about Counter-Strike skins and other cosmetic items, in-depth game guides, and esports news. Stay tuned!